The 32nd Annual Conference on Housing and Africa Growth Agenda, aiming to support the growth of Africa’s economies through the development of a vibrant housing sector, will be held in Abuja, Nigeria on 14th–16th September 2016.
The event is being organized by the African Union for Housing Finance (AUHF), a member-based association of mortgage banks, building societies, housing corporations and other organizations.
The AUHF conference will attract stakeholders from across the African continent, all with the purpose of advancing investment in affordable housing.
The agenda is structured around presentations in plenary and panel discussions, as well as a housing investors marketplace to support focused conversations between investors and projects.
2016 Housing and Africa Growth Agenda: Key Sessions
- Public-private partnerships to enable affordable housing
- Funding the mortgage portfolio
- Finding returns in the affordable housing market
- Promoting sustainable growth
- The challenge of affordability
- Housing microfinance: A solution to affordable housing
- Rental housing in Africa
2016 Housing and Africa Growth Agenda: Key Speakers
- Babatunde Raji Fashola, Honorable Minister at the Nigerian Ministry of Power, Work & Housing
- Kemi Adeosun, Honorable Minister at the Nigerian Ministry of Finance
- Oscar Mgaya, CEO at the Tanzania Mortgage Refinance Company Limited (TMRC)
- Chi Jianxin, Chairman at the China Africa Development Fund
- Thierno Habib Hann, Housing Finance Specialist SSA at the International Finance Corporation
- Roy Friedemann, Global Product Lead Housing Finance at the International Finance Corporation
Housing Microfinance Academy
The 2nd Nigerian edition of the Housing Microfinance (HMF) Academy will also form part of the conference.
The HMF Academy is a series of events aimed at enhancing the microfinance availability in housing for low/middle-income people around the globe.
So far, over 100 financial institutions on 4 continents have joined the Academy.
2016 Housing and Africa Growth Agenda: Contacts
Email: [email protected]