A panel discussion focused on the Zambian retail market will take place in Lusaka on September 28th 2016.
The panel is part of the ZamReal property forum, where delegates will discuss key topics concerning property development and investment in the Zambian real estate market.
ZamReal will bring together Zambia’s leading retail developers, experts and financiers to debate and discuss the current climate, how the market has evolved and where they see the market heading.
ZamReal Retail Market Panel: Key Topics
- The retail market in Zambia is dominated by SA Retailers. Are international retailers looking to enter as well?
- Lusaka has a number of large scale malls. Is the market oversupplied or are there still pockets for entry?
- Majority of the malls are situated in central, northern and western Lusaka – can we expect retail development along the east and south corridors?
- Kitwe, Ndola and Solwezi have seen a boom -which other outlying cities are seeing retail development?
- Trends facing retail developers in the coming 12 months?
- Discussion on some of the projects making headlines
ZamReal Retail Market Panel: Key Panelists
- Steven Herring, Managing Director at Heriot Properties, South Africa
- Victor Sodala, CEO at Pylos, Zambia
- Mpangwe Mutwale, Commercial Finance Specialist at FNB, Zambia
- Mark O’Donnel, Chairman at Spar Zambia & Reiz, Zambia
Zambia Retail Market
The wholesale and retail trading sector is one of Zambia’s key sectors, contributing more than 15% to the country’s GDP.
According to African Development Bank (AfDB) Resident Representative to Zambia Damoni Kitabire, the Zambian retail sector will support its economic growth, which has been on a slowdown due to falling copper prices.
According to the Zambia Development Agency (ZDA), wholesale and retail trading yielded returns on equity of 8.9%, far above a return of 3.5% from the mining sector.